A Guide to Personal Contract Hire
Personal Contract Hire (PCH) involves leasing a car for an agreed period of time at a fixed monthly cost. For private individuals that means cost-effective, flexible motoring which is cheaper than buying a car. If you're only looking for short term car hire we're able to help with that too.
All servicing and maintenance can be provided – giving you peace-of-mind that everything is running smoothly with no unpredictable costs. At the end of your term, you can simply return your vehicle or replace it with another one. The vehicle should be returned to the leasing company in a condition that meets the BVRLA ‘Fair wear and tear’ guidelines, otherwise charges may be incurred.
What does PCH include?
- Road Tax included throughout the contract.
- Complete support and guidance throughout your time with us.
- Fully bespoke contract, term and mileage – discussed, developed and tailored to your individual needs.
- A comprehensive vehicle management package (if selected) including all servicing and maintenance.
Do I Qualify for PCH?
There are certain criteria points which need to be met in order to qualify for a personal car lease contract:
- 18+ years of age
- Full UK driving licence
- 3 years' employment history
- A decent credit rating (each application uses different criteria so we can't advise on specifics with regards to credit ratings)
What are the Benefits of PCH?
You choose the manufacturer and model of car that you want and we purchase, manage and maintain it for you – it's very straightforward. All you do is pay one fixed monthly fee, keeping your costs low and predictable.
- Hassle-free motoring – we do the legwork for you.
- Flexible payment structure – from 24 to 60 months.
- Running costs, e.g. maintenance and servicing, can be included for easier budgeting.
- No risk of unexpected vehicle depreciation.
- The vehicle is not subject to Benefit in Kind tax.
- PCH gives you fixed cost motoring.
How do I choose my car?
Alternatively find specific models via our drop down filters
Select your terms & leave an enquiry
- Initial Payment - The initial payment is your first monthly instalment, which will be at a higher rate than your subsequent payments. The initial payment is calculated in multiples of your subsequent monthly payments (usually 3 or 6 times the amount of your standard payment).
- Number of Monthly Payments - Car leasing contracts come in either 2, 3 or 4 year lengths which are displayed in months on our website. Choose the appropriate length to find out how much each monthly payment will cost. Tip - taking a longer contract usually brings down the monthly rentals.
- Miles Per Annum - This is the number of miles you'll do per year (on average) over your contract. Mileage isn't checked on a yearly basis; you just have to return the car at the end of the lease with a total mileage equal to or less than your chosen yearly average. A small charge per mile will apply for any additional miles over your agreed limit. This varies from car to car so please ask your adviser for more information specific to your enquiry.
- Maintenance - This is an optional extra which covers all routine maintenance, servicing, tyres, batteries, exhausts and any necessary car repair costs but not accident damage.
- Colour Preference - You can choose your preference of paint colour for most vehicles. However, leaving this blank will allow the sales person to source multiple options for faster delivery. Note: metallic paint may cost extra.
What Happens Next?
As a customer, you will be assigned your own dedicated adviser who will guide you through the leasing process and actively negotiate with finance companies on your behalf to get you the very best deal possible.
Intelligent Car Leasing aim to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours (exceptionally busy periods and weekends excluded).